why make a public comment?

because we are lazy--say it once a year publically, and you don't have to send PM's every week..

oh, and there several links (here in I & A) to max's site that explain the 'generally held conventions' of posting here.

beside, this thread will now continue, off topic, in what 3 posts? not a record, but close!

its hard to strike a perfect balance.. between public notification --so everyone can learn the 'rules' (that don't exist!)--and PM's. (which leaves everyone to disern the (non-existant) rules for themselves..

i've sent several messages to several cyber friend talking about just this idea. in one, i complained about my co-op neighbor--who likes the 'value' of the building and apartment--has trouble with the idea of rules..

its spring break this week, and for enterainment, her kids have been playing with a home Karaoke machine..

i haven't complained.. --but i was less than thrilled at 8:30 sunday morning to be 'seranade" by her 10year old son singing (amplified singing, toneless singing, repeatedly singing,) a song (in russian).

My co-op has clear rules. NO excessive noise.. everyone is entitled to the quiet enjoyment of their apartment..

but what is excessive? i would have been hard pressed to tolerate my kids playing with a Karaoke machine at 8:30AM on a sunday! but--its spring break, and the weather was cold, and kids, being kids, are noisy.. and i chose to move into an apartment complex, so i knew i would have kids as neighbors.. so i have to temper my annoyance.

the apartments (s) in the co-op have value (which my neighbor likes) because there are rules (which she doesn't like!) one is linked in a subtle way to the other!

and i think if the FF is annoyed at Anna's public comments, he can speak up for himself, and doesn't need you (or me) to champion his right to post a NWR topics here in I & A.

and we use lots of 'places' below the fold --not just animal safari..

for the longest time, it was suggested that any and all any NWR posts that were food related, should be posted in Words from German.. (but, i fixed that!)

but that's another story!--if you want to know, PM and will put the whole story, publicly, in Words from German!