"But mostly the increase in growth is not due to the increase in temperature but rather due to the increase in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, rather than an increase in solar radiation...but thank heaven, both are saviors. Anyone with an ancestor older than a daughter should know that the immediate danger is not from global warming but from a global freezing which is long overdue. Ride lots, you gas guzzling SUV owners, and let's burn down the California Redwoods, and let's give to the sky the fumes from our coal burning contraptions."

Way outside anything I know about. However,

1) Heating and cooling are not mutually exclusive activities unless they concurrent. There can be a succession of heating and cooling.

2) An increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide could cause an increase in temperature. It's called a greenhouse gas for a reason.

3) I sense that the worry is not that the temperature is changing, but that it's changing at rates that far exceeds that observed in various records of past changes. The fact of change is well-accepted and reasonably well understood. I think what concerns people is the lack of stability in the changes, to what extent we might be contributing, and what we might do to ameliorate the effects.

k