Dr. Bill [wwh] suggests making "a post, contrasting
meiosis and litotes with irony".

Not a bad idea, wwh.

And that's an understatement.

I'd like to juxtapose a few questions for you one of these days. Then I'd be posting your answers to the questions I'm posing. Would that be ironic? I suppose it would be if people got the right answer out of me for a change.

M-W: Main Entry: mei·o·sis
Pronunciation: mI-'O-s&s
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek meiOsis diminution, from meioun to diminish, from meiOn less; akin to Sanskrit mIyate he diminishes
1 : the presentation of a thing with underemphasis especially in order to achieve a greater effect : UNDERSTATEMENT

M-W: Main Entry: li·to·tes
Pronunciation: 'lI-t&-"tEz, 'li-, lI-'tO-"tEz
Inflected Form(s): plural litotes
Etymology: Greek litotEs, from litos simple, perhaps from lit-, lis linen cloth
: understatement in which an affirmative is expressed by the negative of the contrary (as in "not a bad singer" or "not unhappy")

And, "while you're at it", says Dr. Bill, "give definition of meiosis in cell division and distinguish from mitosis".

Holy Mosis, Dr. Bill, you don't ask for much! :)

M-W: Main Entry: mi·to·sis
Pronunciation: mI-'tO-s&s
Inflected Form(s): plural mi·to·ses /-"sEz/
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek mitos thread
1 : a process that takes place in the nucleus of a dividing cell, involves typically a series of steps consisting of prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase, and results in the formation of two new nuclei each having the same number of chromosomes as the parent nucleus -- compare MEIOSIS

M-W: Main Entry: mei·o·sis
Pronunciation: mI-'O-s&s
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek meiOsis diminution, from meioun to diminish, from meiOn less; akin to Sanskrit mIyate he diminishes
2 : the cellular process that results in the number of chromosomes in gamete-producing cells being reduced to one half and that involves a reduction division in which one of each pair of homologous chromosomes passes to each daughter cell and a mitotic division -- compare MITOSIS

I feel like your onscreen meiosis, Dr. Bill.

Does that make me your AWADuosis?

For sure, it makes me your AWADuensis. :)