>>perhaps it was punisment for posting under the "Anonymous" sock
>Here's the thing, tsuwm, I posted under "stranger".. and I don't have the skills to override thier security.

nice misdirection, there; but I digress.

Because sock puppets appear friendly, non-threatening, and clearly non-human, therapists often have their patients speak to a sock puppet when they feel inhibited from speaking to the therapist. For the same reasons, and because oneself and one's sock puppet often feel like two different persons, one can speak through a sock puppet to express thoughts or facets of one's personality that one would not feel free to admit in person or fears would harm one's reputation were they actually said in one's own person. Mr. Garrison's use of Mr. Hat on South Park is a good example of this.

On the Internet a sock puppet describes a second account created by an existing member of an Internet community, sometimes to manufacture the illusion of support in a vote or argument. Other reasons include a desire to support or vote on an issue coupled with a desire to have one's "main" account stay away from the issue. These individuals are often labeled as Internet trolls.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_puppet"

one thing follows another..