OED Word of the Day
DWEM, n.
NEW EDITION: draft entry Mar. 2002

colloq. and derogatory (orig. and chiefly U.S.).
A notable male figure in Western cultural history; esp. a writer, philosopher, etc., whose works or achievements are the subject of customary or compulsory study in Western schools and universities (a situation challenged by some as discriminatory and unrepresentative). The implication is that the importance of such figures has been exaggerated, at the expense of others, on account of their belonging to a historically dominant gender and ethnic group.

1990 Forbes 1 Oct. 212/3 That [sc. ‘PC’] and ‘DWEM’ (dead white European male) are, I gather, two of the most common
acronyms on campus. 1992 New Republic 6 Apr. 38/3, I have usually taken comfort in the obvious response that DWEMs have given us habeas corpus and digitalis, cantatas and penicillin. 1994 Time 10 Oct. 62/1 D.W.E.M.s are still being elbowed off reading lists by writers deemed worthy of study solely because of their gender (translation: female), race, ethnicity or sexual orientation. 1999 Independent 15 Mar. I. 18/1 Most of the authors deemed worthy of study..are dead, white European males, or Dwems, as they've been sarcastically christened by academics who would like to see other voices..represented.