I have no *issue with electronic media replacing "old ink and paper" (I make a few 'doll-hairs' just turning them on in the morning), but I'll bet y'all the rest of the cablingy I ever make in that capacity that one's sense of timing and continuity within the context of 'the read' is shattered every five minutes by the announcement of "You've Got Mail" (If, of course, you believe that timing and continuity of 'the read' holds any value).

As an undergraduate I could probably buy second hand books or share with friends which made it possible for me to afford school. This requirement, although all well and good in its intention, will drive a steak even further between the have's and have-not's, and is, from what I gather, mainly technology for the sake of technology... I mean... technology for the sake of advertisement... I mean... technology for the sake of economy.

Don't think for a moment that this isn't the same thing as requiring students to buy a TV... (OK you can have a moment, but that's all!)

One good thing: I'm more than happy to see "beta testing" on new wireless technology done with students rather than in *the workplace...