In the spirit of some challenges of the recent past, I thought I'd try this out on the Awadians (awadeers, wordies, glossophiles, whatever).

I have, for a while, been looking, in desultory fashion, for a place to rent/stay. Loot, a classifieds daily, mainly for London, has proven invaluable in this regard. I recently noticed that it has, at the back, a Personals section. For the sociologists amongst us, these are the main sub-categories:

Heartsearch - women seeking men
Heartsearch - men seeking women
Heartsearch - women seeking women
Heartsearch - men seeking men
Contacts - women seeking men
Contacts - men seeking women
Contacts - women seeking women
Contacts - men seeking men
Contacts - others

From reading the ads in the respective sections, and through considering the titles, I have come to the conclusion that Heartsearch is for those looking for romance/marriage/long term relationships. Naturally, therefore, Contacts, is for those looking for nookie! This, however, is all by way of being a preamble, since the real competition starts now.

In these, as in all classifieds, a code has arisen, consisting of space-and-money-saving abbreviations/acronyms that are recognised by readers, but, when taken out of context, are well-nigh unintelligible.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to provide the 'full length' translation of these abbreviations from the Loot personals. Prize goes to the first post with all correct. Apologies for any way in which this might favour those living in the UK.

Your list (ranged roughly in order of simple to difficult. The judge's interpretation in these matters is final:

1. wltm

2. gsoh

3. tv/ts

4. yo

5. ltr

6. pre-op ts

As your only hint: some of them are specific to the Contacts - others sub-category!

Enjoy.

the sunshine warrior