Some weeks after Theo ws bon, I needed his birth cert, so I went to the Tri-county Health Dept and filled out a form asking them to sell me a copy of the certificate for Theodore Charles Remington, Jr.

The clerk looked at the form and said, "Oh, sir, you've got the first name spelled wrong." Well, that's one thing a person doesn't do, misspell his own name, so I looked at her blankly.

"I saw this when it went into the computer, and thought it was a strange name, but here's the register." And she pointed at a screen to show me the name "Stheodore Charles Remington, Jr." Immediately I had visions of having to go into court and go to the expense of getting a legal name change. And then I remembered that Peggy had vetted the birth registration form not once but three times because she didn't believe I could resist the urge to name my firstborn male child Theophilus (but that's a YART I won't go back into).

Turns out it was a fat finger problem there at the health department which took about 5 minutes to straighten out.

Whew!

TEd