"I tells 'em what I'm going to tell 'em, I tells 'em, and then I tells 'em what I told 'em." is good advice for any oral presentaion-- i use it all the time!

Crossing thread, now, i realise i speak in sentences-- and i don't! (Now isn't that a typical Irish answer!)

Just as i know, but rarely use formal Standard Written English-(SWE) but rather instead use a less formal, written dialect-- i also speak several dialects--

Since i have to give a number of presentation-- i have a "Formal Speaking voice" and style-- that I can "turn On" when needed. I can also "turn on" a very low class style of speaking--(and use a vocabulary that would shock sailers, and send dear Dr. Bill to early grave!--he would have difficulting living with the knowledge i could speak so crudely)--when needed.

All this has been covered before-- i think of GBS scene in My Fair Lady-- where he has Dr. Higgins point out that a "shop girl" in a fancy shop need to speak a different dialect -- a more formal one, than even a princess! and GBS said it all better than i can!