Quite a few years ago some Guru-or-other posited that there are two main types of conversations (spoken word only here) ... .
The Guru said Type One are people who finish each other's sentences and Type Two are those who speak in sentences and hate being interrupted.
No problem when type speaks to type BUT if you get a mix then the Type One people think the other is slow and the Type Two people thing the other is rude.
It was quite interesting.
I, and most of my chums, are constantly finishing each others' sentences. My brother once commented that, heard from a slight distance, the interchange sounded like the buzz of a beehive!

Since becoming aware of this I have noticed that when I meet someone who likes to finish a thought ... and I catch the meaning mid-sentence and interrupt they physically pull back!
NOW that I have learned the "trick" I change my conversational style to suit the occasion.
Strange, I just realized 90 percent of my close chums are back-and-forth speakers .... Like to like ?

As to accents : when I hear one from a stranger, if situation allows, I say something like : "Do I detect a slight accent? Do you speak another language?"
That usually covers it without giving offense.
wow