Oh yes, Fishona, I Have a Little Shadow is one of the poems i still know by heart, i learned it age 7 or so for a recertation piece.. (my sibling and i were expected to sing or other wise perform for our suppers on holidays..)

the Childrens Garden of Verses was my very first book of poetry. it came complete with several full color plates (i remember thinking "plates" an odd word to use for the illustrations.)

Edward Lear is wonder full too, i had a set of his complete works.. his botanicals were delightful , not to mentions his poems!

and a hundred million years ago, (or so it seems, but it was just circa 1970) i recieved a Penguin Books series Junior Voices a set of 4 slim volumes of poetry, songs, riddles and art for children.. and i was almost an adult at the time, but i still haven't grown to old for the books, and think fondly of David Sedgely, who gave them to me.
Volume II, has a two page spread illustrating Bernini's Apollo and Daphne, a sculpture that took my breath away, and stole a piece of my heart when i first saw it in the Borghese Gallery.

it such a set is still available, i recommend them.. your children will enjoy them too, when they finally pry them out of your hands!