Dear jimthedog: It is not very difficult to make the tilde.Lovely Helen of Troy taught me how to do it. There is a chart called charmap, that you can find by going to Start, then Run, entering "charmap" in the box that appears, press Enter.. This brings up a grid with a lot of different special letters, including the ones with accent marks. You have to find the character you want on the grid, click on it. Then in the lower right of the window there appears the keys you have to press to produce the accented letter you want. To make ñ , press and hold ALT, then on the keypad at the right of your keyboard, press in sequence 0241. When you release the ALT key ñ appears.

Dear jimthedog: If you don't find charmap, you may have to install it. With Windows98 disk in CDRom drive, go Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs,click on Windows Setup tab, Accessories, System Tools, then be sure a check mark is in box opposite Charmap.Wait a bit for the file to be copied. I'm definitely not an IT guru, but I tried hard to make instructions clear. Good luck. Bill