Picataqua

We had a town adjacent to Plainfield (where I grew up) in Central New Jersey called Piscataway , pronounced Pis--CAT--a-way. You can imagine the mispronunciations, both intentional and accidental, that folks inflicted on that. But I'm wondering, wow, if it has any relation to Picataqua since the pronunciations are so similar? The tribe in this area was the Leni Lenape (more properly pronounced "Len--EYE LEN-uh-pee" not the commonly heard "Lenny Le--NAP--ee"...though many variations) of the Delaware Nation. Was Picataqua a Mohegan name? And were the tribal languages closely related thoughout the Eastern tribes? And was this the case (or not) in other regions of North America as well?

And, by the way, there is a small hamlet just "offshore" (which, in South Jersey dialect means "on the mainland"
not "out to sea," especially among us barrier-islanders) from our barrier island called Rio Grande. After over 27 years of involvement in this area I'm just finding out that once the locals pronounced it RYE-o Grande . No one seems to know why, or why and when the change was made either. Both forms pronounce Grande as "Grand."