As to peeps, those odd little confections - I have heard of a rather unorthodox activity carried out with the little beasts - peep jousting.

Apparently, peeps swell hugely and wildly when subject to microwave radiation. So, some stalwart soul selected a brace of peeps, armed them with toothpicks (by poking them into the peeps), placed them facing each other, but at a respectful distance, inside a microwave oven, and fired it up. The peeps are said to bob and weave as they swell up, giving the appearance of doing combat with each other.

The Peeps corporate representatives, when asked about such behavior, had little to say on the matter, but did suggest that if it contributed to the sales of peeps, they were all for it. I think they recognize that, aside from the lovely Ms. of troy and a handful of other folks deficient in the evolutionary traits which allow an appreciation (nay, a madness) for chocolate, nobody really eats peeps - they're just for decoration in an easter basket.

And with that, my 200th post, I move from member (which makes me feel like I belong here, and have achieved some sort of recognized status) to enthusiast (which seems somehow a demotion).