|About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us|
You are not logged in. [Log In] Wordsmith.org Forums Miscellany A Miscellany of Oddities Register Forums Calendar Active Threads Search Forum Help
#222977 - 11/24/15 04:32 AM A Miscellany of Oddities Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 971 A C Bowden
Joined: Oct 2010
1. It is bad to have a temper, but equally bad to lose it.
2. In a dangerous situation you need to show nerve, not nerves.
3. In the UK a moot point is arguable; in the US it is not worth arguing about.
4. An ordinary person is being philosophical by not dwelling on life's difficulties; a philosopher is being philosophical by dwelling on them.
5. We should be sanguine about resolving political disputes – not sanguinary.
6. We should take pride in our achievements, but pride comes before a fall.
7. The Devil is our enemy, but Jesus told us to love our enemies.
8. It is a black day when you go into the red, but a red-letter day when you go into the black.
9. To be quite surprised is to be only moderately surprised, but to be quite amazed is to be extremely amazed.
10. A sharp denial is much the same as a blunt denial.
11. If you can't have your cake and eat it, there's no point in having it.
12. "Twelve and one" is an anagram of "eleven and two".
Entire Thread Subject Posted By Posted A Miscellany of Oddities A C Bowden 11/24/15 04:32 AM Re: A Miscellany of Oddities LukeJavan8 11/24/15 05:37 PM
Moderated by Jackie
Forum Statistics Forums16Topics13,880Posts224,384Members9,036 Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members 42n81, Hammertime, BL42, Joyous, Amylzirklern
9036 Registered Users
Who's Online Now 1 registered members (wofahulicodoc), 33 guests, and 3 spiders. Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days) may2point0 29A C Bowden 28LukeJavan8 15BL42 1
Top Posters(All Time) wwh 13,858Faldage 13,803Jackie 11,613tsuwm 10,538LukeJavan8 9,080wofahulicodoc 7,724Buffalo Shrdlu 7,210AnnaStrophic 6,511Wordwind 6,296of troy 5,400
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Wordsmith.org · Top