|About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us|
You are not logged in. [Log In] Wordsmith.org » Forums » General Topics » Wordplay and fun » Another pass-around, but. Register User Forum List Calendar Active Topics Search FAQ
#206520 - 07/27/12 10:18 AM Another pass-around, but.
Loc: Louisville, Kentucky
Less Famous Proverbs
1. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
2. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
3. A day without sunshine is like ... night.
4. On the other hand...................you have different fingers.
5. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
6. I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
7. When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
8. Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
9. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
10. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
11. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
12. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
13. Honk if you love peace & quiet.
14. Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?
15. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
16. It is hard to understand how a cemetery raised its burial cost and blamed it on the cost of living.
17. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
18. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.
19. You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
20. Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population.
21. The things that come to those who wait are usually the things left by those who got there first.
22. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
23. It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats.
24. I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.
25. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
26. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Entire topic Subject Posted by Posted Another pass-around, but. Jackie 07/27/12 10:18 AM Re: Another pass-around, but. LukeJavan8 07/27/12 01:24 PM Re: Another pass-around, but. Faldage 07/27/12 05:30 PM Re: Another pass-around, but. Candy 07/29/12 09:39 AM Re: Less famous proverbs A C Bowden 10/18/12 08:34 PM Re: Less famous proverbs LukeJavan8 10/19/12 12:46 PM Re: Less famous proverbs wofahulicodoc 10/20/12 10:43 AM Re: Less famous proverbs Alex Williams 11/06/12 09:26 AM Re: Less famous proverbs A C Bowden 11/06/12 10:41 AM
Forum Stats 8932 Members
Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members BHARGAVI, Nivrad00, iIIUSlON, Wordee, Fuzzybanana
8932 Registered Users
Who's Online 0 registered (), 124 Guests and 7 Spiders online. Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
LukeJavan8 91 endymion6 88 wofahulicodoc 81 May 65 musick 2 Fuzzybanana 1 tsuwm 1
wwh 13858 Faldage 13803 Jackie 11613 tsuwm 10538 LukeJavan8 8286 Buffalo Shrdlu 7210 wofahulicodoc 6645 AnnaStrophic 6511 Wordwind 6296 of troy 5400
Board Rules · Mark all read Contact Us · Wordsmith.org · Top
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.
Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat
© 1994-2016 Wordsmith