No-- it was dropped as "honor course" requirement as i entered HS--I was the kind of kid who wanted to do the least i could in school when it came languages.. I was perfectly willing to put in the time for math and chemistry (back in pre-pocket calcutator days) but i am old enough to have learned "church latin"-- and can still "sing" a mass in latin (if you call the croaking, off key sound that come out of my mouth as singing!) So i have learned latin vocabulary-- which is very useful for understanding words and roots-- and have, of course, picked up latin words and phrases.

I sent Jim a private note-- (I thought he might live in NYC) since latin is still taught in several NYC public schools-- my daughter commuted from queens to manhattan for HS, since the local school (an outstanding school!-- with lots of westinghouse/Intel science winners) was not to her liking. My ex (a teacher!) didn't like the idea of her commuting over 1 hour each day to get to school- but she loved it, and thought it worth the effort.
but a hearty mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa if seem to imply learning latin was easy!