Some years ago I was being served by a shop assistant whose T-shirt had tiny (about 5 point) writing just above her left breast. As my eyesight was quite keen, I was able to read it with no more than a namaste-like inclining of the head. The text read "Nosy bugger, ain't ya?" It was absolutely correct, and that same nosiness leads me to issue a new challenge.
Many who post here have been able to divine a new poster's sex from the content of his or her posts, without any assistance from the poster's chosen handle. I propose taking such divination to a new level.
Satin has mentioned having a sibling here. This led me to wonder if there were any other family connections on the Board, and whether such could be discerned purely by reading posts. I challenge those who are gifted at discerning a poster's sex to try and figure out who satin's sibling is. I am not suggesting that any guesses be posted, as the information is clearly private and should stay that way. Rather than poster X saying, "I think satin's sibling is Y", I suggest that any poster who tries this challenge detail the elements looked for as evidence of familial ties. This could include shared idioms or cultural references. I stress that I am proposing this purely as an academic exercise in liguistic detection, an extension of the sort of detection that discerns a person's sex from what they post. I must also add that I will not be attempting this challenge myself, as I am totally lacking in the skills needed. Having been guilty of several mistaken assumptions already, I am simply throwing down a gaunlet for those more empathic than I.