it looks like yett was just too easy; I’ll have to rectify that..

a) a starchy vegetable related to the sweet potato. primarily grown in Russia [submitted by obihave]
b) the young of the custacea, Kiwa hirsuta or yeti lobster [Candy] voted for by BranShea
c) Scots a nasty person; a jerk [tsuwm] olly, Owlbow [say, are these the same person?!]
d) a tool used to force oakum into the plank seams of a wooden ship [Owlbow] etaoin
e) obs from Old Norse -- to talk or utter rapidly or nonsensically; chatter [Jackie] Faldage
f) a jungle stew and city for which it is named in West Central, Africa; popular among tourists [Luke] Candy
g) a traditional garland of ribbons (yetties) placed halfway on one of the masts of a whaler [BranShea] Avy, Jackie
h) a goat's milk cheese similar to stilton, traditionally made in Northunbria [Faldage]
i) a long-haired ungulate, native to northern Europe and Scandinavia [wofa]
j) chiefly Scotland a gate or grille of latticed wrought iron bars used for defensive purposes in castles and tower houses [wikipedia] wofa, obihave, Luke

_____

obligatory comments:
1) three(3) players sussed the wiki def’n – that’s just too many!
2) Bran and tsuwm each gathered two votes, but there was some hint of irregularity in each case!?
2) only two(2) (sort of) yeti-like def’ns; but I’ll award the Armil Memorial trophy to wofa
3) yes, tsuwm (and Luke), yett is a cognate of gate; but a jerk is a gett/git
4) is there a winner? per usual, and perforce, not in *this game
5) also, per usual, comments/complaints are welcome, but will be roundly ignored by the MGMT

the hogmaster™