As you saw, my classical music tour took me all around the world, starting Down Under. ("There are plenty of pianists in Tasmania, but I'm looking especially for one who will play the complete Mikrokosmos in Hobart. OK?")

Across in Italy, the William Tell Overture is very popular. The Red Priest revival didn’t surprise anyone; The Seasons has been a favorite forever. And Aida is liked over distances that would surprise you. In Egypt, I heard the B Minor Mass but it took climbing what felt like a million steps to get to a performance in Tutankhamen’s tomb. Aching legs? And how!

Next on the program was the Alto Rhapsody. I’ll go out on a limb: Rah! Ms. Maureen Forrester has never sounded better in her entire life!

Dining was a mixed bag - cheese and fruit, a Loaf of Bread, a Jug of WIne, and all that. I never liked any kind of pear except Bosc. Human nature being what it is, I probably never will. I am sure that if they had paid him by the Euro, Bertholt Brecht might have never written the libretto of the Threepenny Opera. (The music was actually written by Christopher Marlowe -- I’ll bet you didn’t know that!)

My kids can’t stand good music, unfortunately. They went postal listening to the Vaughan Williams Fantasy on a Theme by that medieval Englishman.

Always wanted to see Appalachian Spring danced as flamenco. Plan: do it!

. . . . .

Eleven composers with ten surnames are playing here. Two have the same last name, so their first names are given as well.

Last edited by wofahulicodoc; 01/25/11 04:23 AM. Reason: Clean up a few typos. It's Ferullo's Law: Somehow there's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over...