I'd say leave them a little longer for someone else to have fun with.

And no, Taxi isn't a movie. The Eggman is something out of the Beatles, no? More of the Infinite Number of Monkeys rearing their ugly heads.

How do we make these things? and how do we spot the hidden words? Opposite sides of the same coin, I would say.

One hint is to find a nonsense word, like Fozzil or WI Zardo; that beckons: "Look here for a word fragment!" "Chummy fair ladykiller" was another.

Dividing the word helps a lot. "Olivera" and Hair were intact, easy to spot as long as you know those are names of shows. "Cab-a-ret" was split and flowed naturally, as you point out. The elegance of the puzzle may be enhanced by selecting the target with this in mind. Like my hunt for Rent. (Maybe we can get our children to pay it? Also, I'd like my kids to live really close to me,** even after they've grown up and moved out...Each airplane ride to visit makes me nervous.)

When I did my George Frederick Handel it was much easier. (Had to be, as I said, I don't have much imagination.) I had only three words to sneak into a longer conversation. Even there, the business of "of red Eric Kunstler" was awkward, arbitrary-sounding, and alerting, if you turn on your incongruity sensors...

**(divided even more fiendishly - Have you ever visited Tripoli? Very friendly city, in spite of its history and the Barbary Pirates...)