Scribbler wrote : I have observed that there seem to be certain rules and conventions regulating an observed etiquette or certain usages. I have further noted that contributors sometimes (rather ungraciously , it seems to me)publicly chide one another for alleged breaches in the unknown code of decorum.
----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Scribbler, WELCOME! The above is another way to make clear the post to which you refer. Other ways to do it can be found at the top of the "post" page ... in blue. Gradually you will learn, as I did ... small steps.
That said, the two main rules of this Board are :
1. TRY to stay on the topic of words as defined in the various categories ... and puns are definetly in the word world as far as I am concerned. (You hear that TEd?) I love puns but am hopeless at them so really enjoy posts from those who are good at them.
2 Be polite. Even when you RANT on a subject.
There is a great variety of personalities, and a wide age span, on this Board and as you read you'll sort them out.
Finally, just jump in and take the chiding with the compliments. You'll do fine & have some fun along the way.
It's live and learn!
YCLIU - you could look it up.
WWFT - worthless word for today
YART - yet another rehashed topic.
That should get you started.
wow (High Priestess by default.)