I found a great blog; it tells about funny headlines. I can't post a link because it has ads, but if anybody wants it, send me a PM. I'll filch some bits of it:
Confusion Caused by Crash Blossoms

Now there’s a name for the phenomenon of ambiguously or bizarrely worded headlines: “crash blossoms,” as suggested by a poster ...

...grisly humor (“Lawmen from Mexico Barbecue Guests,” “Lucky Man Sees Pals Die”), physical impossibilities (“Genetic Engineering Splits Scientists,” “Milk Drinkers Turn to Powder”), logical absurdities (“War Dims Hopes for Peace”), inadvertent racism (“Greeks Fine Hookers”), unknowing sleaziness (“Prostitutes Appeal to Pope,” “Pastor Aghast at First Lady Sex Position”), ew-provoking nastiness (“Child’s Stool Great for Use in Garden”), and innovative adventures in law enforcement (“Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant,” “Drunk Gets Nine Months in Violin Case”).

The funniest (to me) one listed is from a comment; however, I'm putting it in the Too Good to be True Dep't.:
Years ago, a woman from Fertile, Minnesota was turning left at an intersection in the town of Climax, Minnesota. Tragically, as she made the turn, another vehicle struck hers and she died at the scene. This tragedy was immortalized to all of Minnesota by the headline…FERTILE WOMAN DIES IN CLIMAX