Haven't learned how to post pictures here yet; but don't think I have any of birds anyway.

I live in Charlotte, NC, a city proud of its churches and trees. At one time, Charlotte had the largest per capita number of churches in the USA and -- I think it still does.

But (a conjunction again), it is also a city that delights in its trees. The neighborhood in which we live is frequented by birds of many types including many raptors. We have a very large oak tree in out back yard. I've seen owls, hawks and eagles sit in it.

The Carolina Raptor Center is located in north Mecklenburg County just a few miles north of Charlotte. [Yes, Charlotte is named for that German Queen of England, Queen Charlotte, who came from Mecklenburg.] The Center is open to the public and has a very large collection of birds. It is, of course, a rescue and rehabilitation center as well.

I have visited it only one time and did not think to take a camera with me. The next time I go, I will make a point of carrying a camera and plenty of film.

BTW, I do have a couple of pix of some birds. Anyone for some ducks and geese?