Speaking of eating cockroaches...in my gadabout youth I would occasionally eat a live bug to show my disdain for knee-jerk convention. Once while dining and drinking with friends at a sleazy restaurant in Panama City Florida a cockroach crawled across the table so I ate it. Cockroaches are not easy to eat (their wings are almost indigestible) so thereafter I avoided eating them whenever possible; but too late -- no matter that I was the King of the Bop on the beach -- my reputation as "Milo the Cockroach Eater" became itself a local social convention and so throughout that summer I ate cockroaches to impress the girls.

It was a strange summer, but safely home in Birmingham that fall I swore off eating cockroaches and instead ate other sundry insects to show my disdain of knee-jerks conventions and such.

Then one day at Ed Salem's Ice Cream Bar I ate a green moth. Don't ever eat a green moth. Green moths have a green toxin within their pasty bodies that keeps them for being eaten by all creatures in the know. I didn't know this and I turned green and threw up.

Call me a sissy or offer me one thousand dollars if you will, but I will never, ever, eat a green moth again.

Last edited by themilum; 01/18/08 04:58 AM.