Quote:

In the US, it is currently illegal to jam cell phones.

Which is a real shame. I hate it when I'm sitting in a restaurant and some insensitive boob at the next table decides he/she wants to have a loud conversation over their cell phone.

It seems that all cell phone providers (or cell phones) are bad since everybody needs to yell while they're having a converstation.

It is extremely rude for the other patrons who are there to relax and enjoy a good meal, and it is the ultimate in rude for the person that is sitting in front of them.

AND, if you politely tell the person they are speaking a little too loudly and it is disturbing you, they invariable take offence and get huffy at you.

I hate cell phones.

======================================

Funny this topic...I had a problem with my computer this morning and the I.T. person at work asked my for my cell phone so he could synchronize it with my computer agenda in case the computer died while he was trying to fix it.

I told him I forgot it at home, to which he responded in exasperation, "Why the hell do you have a cell phone."

"Because you forced me to get one!!"

It drives my boss bonky because I don't answer it while I'm driving (very dangerous) and I turn it off when I reach the customer's office (a politeness issue).