Try to look on the bright side folks. Just think how much sooner you can enjoy another game of Hogwash once this one is over.

FWIW, Hogwash to me is first and foremost a parlor game enjoyed by friends using a dictionary, some pencils and paper, and a watch. We'd go through several rounds in an hour and have a hilarious time doing it.

In the future I will be sure to allow whatever time period is industry-standard around here before posting definitions in hopes of avoiding howls of protest. Of course there is no sticky thread regarding the Hogwash rules but previous threads have indicated that this is the result of the recent upgrade to the bulletin board software. If they can ever be re-posted I hope they will indicate exactly how much time is expected in a round. To that I would add that it is unfair to the other players for a player to post their thoughts eliminating certain definitions. If I were the author of definition X then I would be mighty put out to read someone's deconstruction of it for all others to see.

Last edited by Alex Williams; 12/09/05 02:47 PM.