Which is why the future of a word is more important than its past, Amemeba. One scours the past, but forges the future.

Amend, grapho. Our understanding of the meanings of our words is critical to our survival as a species. Words alone have the merit of a rare sparkling jewel hidden away in the absolute blackness of the deepest ocean floor...never seen.

If I "approach" understanding of this, or anything else, it is probably as close as I will ever get ... or anyone else for that matter.

I dunno grapho, you come pretty close to understanding by this use of Picasso as an example...

But Picasso makes better reply than I [and he was not famed for his poetry]:

"We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth, at least the truth that is given to us to understand."

However, grapho, I must subtract points for your failure to recognize that Picasso is a poet. You must understand that people are what they do, and are not what manner or medium they do them in, that classification is only for lawyers and tax purposes. So go now to the drawing room of your house and stop and take a long look at that Picasso hanging on your wall. Now tell me...is Picasso not a poet?

And like most poets Picasso was also a homespun philosopher, albeit a poor one. Art is not a lie nor is art a truth, art is only an unspoken observation about life that passes between the artist and another human being, and neither of either observation has to be the same as the other one.