In this particular case, the author clarifies the response with the second sentence.

In this particular case the author shows an inability to properly word logic problems. AND means that both arguments must be true to return a true result. OR, as you correctly point out, is interpreted to mean that either one, the other or both arguments being true would return a true result.

The student should not be held responsible for the inadequacies of the test-writer.

"Some seniors take both courses" is not inconsistent with "All Seniors at The Academy take calculus and physics." If it is true that "All Seniors at The Academy take calculus and physics" then it is also true that "Some seniors take both courses."

If it is assumed that the test-writer meant OR in the first statement then the correct answer is a. I only. If the student decides that AND was truly meant and the test is to find out of the student knows that SOME is included in ALL, then either Rocky is NOT a senior at The Academy and b. II only is true or Rocky is taking phyusics and c. I and II only is true. I'll admit that if you dig into this long enough you'll decided that the correct answer is f. IV only is true (where IV. The test-writer is a doofus who shouldn't be writing logic question) but that they're looking for a. I only, but the student shouldn't have to dig into it long enough.

Edit: Obviously pipped