Blackley, pronounced Blay'lih
Bacup, pronounced bay'cup
Whalley Range, pronounced wolly rainj, as opposed to the beginning of Whalley, pronounced waily
London, pronounced either landan ( south) or lundun (north)
Mousehole, pronounced mowzull
Gloucester, pronounced glostuh
Llangollen, I spose that doesn't really count seeing as it is a different language.
Beswick, pronounced bezzik
Durham, pronounced durrem
Shrewsbury, pronounced shrozeb'ree ( there is some debate about this though)
Happisburg, pronounced hazeburra
Derby, darbee
Leicester, lestuh ( cester is is just stuh almost always)
Salisbury, sorlsbree
Greenwich, grennich ( and a thousand others, basically, one never prounces the w, although there are exceptions)
Scone, scoon
Wymondham, win dum
Yarmouth, pronounced yarmuth ( any mouth endings are usually uth, and ton endings usually tun, er is usually ar- Berkshire=Barkshuh, and that's another thing, shire is never shire but shuh **edit, or sheer in Yorkshire**unless it is at the beginning of the name ,bury is usually berry or bree apart from Bury which is Burry to everyone from around Bury and Berry to those from the place)
Wapping, pronounced woppin ( there again you see, if the first vowel is an a then it is often prounced as an o)
Wilbraham pronounced willbrum ( nearly all names have dropped the a-ham business as most of them have dropped or merged en le, except of course Chapel-en-le-Frith)
Have you noticed that all these pronounciations are pretty much what you get if you say the name quickly a few times. I think in England at least it is more unusual to find places that sound exactly as they are spelt. I thought of a few ( a very few), listed below:
Chorlton-cum-Hardy ( well maybe the ton is more like tun)
Manchester
York
Blackburn