linsang
n.
5Javanese liEsaE, wliEsaE6 any of several small, long-tailed, catlike carnivores (family Viverridae) found in the Old World tropics

linseed
n.
5ME linsed < OE lins+d < lin, flax (see LINE2) + s+d, SEED6 the seed of flax; flaxseed

If you buy it, be sure you know which you want, boiled (most common) or unboiled.
Ir makes a big difference.

lipogram was discussed in AWAD way back in 1998. I find them uninteresting.
Lipogram

Lip"o*gram (?), n. [Gr. , , to leave, omit + gram.] A writing composed of words not having a certain letters; -- as in the Odyssey
of Tryphiodorus there was no A in the first book, no B in the second, and so on.

Lipogrammatic

Lip"o*gram*mat"ic (?), a. [Gr. : cf. F. lipogrammatique.] Omitting a letter; composed of words not having a certain letter or
letters; as, lipogrammatic writings.

lisp
vi.
5ME lyspen, earlier wlispen < OE 3wlyspian < wlisp, wlips, a lisping, akin to Ger lispeln, MLowG wlispen, wilspen, of echoic orig.6
1 to substitute the sounds (0) and (0) for the sounds of s and z, as in pronouncing sing as though it were thing
2 to speak imperfectly or like a child
vt.
to utter with a lisp or in an imperfect or childlike way
n.
1 the act or speech defect of lisping
2 the sound of lisping
lisp$er
n.
lisp4ing[ly
adv.
I must admit astonishment that this word was in the spellingbee list. Only thing interesting about it I remember, is hearing when I had study period in Spanish teacher's room, was that one of the most powerful Kings of Spain, lisped, and
so he courtiers had to do likewise - or else.

litigant
adj.
5Fr < L litigans6 [Rare] engaged in litigation
n.
a party to a lawsuit

Livedo - A bluish mottling of the skin, usually on the legs. It is associated with enlargement of the blood vessels and may be aggravated by
cold exposure.
And if you are livid with rage, it means your face turns blue. Don't let it happen to you.

livery
n.,
pl. 3er[ies 5ME, allowance of food, gift of clothes to a servant, thing delivered < OFr livree, pp. of livrer, to deliver < L liberare, to LIBERATE6
1 an identifying uniform such as was formerly worn by feudal retainers or is now worn by servants or those in some particular group, trade, etc.
2 the people wearing such uniforms
3 characteristic dress or appearance
4 a) the keeping and feeding of horses for a fixed charge b) the keeping of horses, vehicles, or both, for hire >c) LIVERY STABLE
>5 a place where boats can be rented
6 [Historical] Eng. Law the legal delivery of property, esp. landed property, into the hands of the new owner

lixiviate
vt.
3at#ed, 3at#ing 5see fol. & 3ATE16LEACH1
lix[iv#i[a4tion
n.
lixivium
n.,
pl. 3i[ums or 3i[a 73!8 5LL < L lixivius, made into lye < lix, ashes, lye, akin to liquere: see LIQUID6 a solution obtained by leaching, as lye

llano
pl. 3nos 73nbz; Sp, 3n/os8 5Sp < L planus, plain, PLANE16 any of the level, grassy plains covering large areas in Spanish America
llanero - a cowboy or herdsman

loach
n.
5ME loche < OFr6 any of a family (Cobitidae, order Cypriniformes) of small, bottom-dwelling, freshwater, bony fishes with barbels around the mouth

S ource: The Collins English Dictionary
© 1998 HarperCollins Publishers
logaoedic [lgidk] (in
classical prosody)
adj.
1. of or relating to verse in
which mixed metres are
combined within a single line to
give the effect of prose.
n.
2. a line or verse of this kind.
[via Late Latin from Greek
logaoidikos, from logos speech
+ aoide poetry]

logodaedaly (noun)

Entry: logodaedaly
Function: noun
Definition: arbitrary or capricious coinage of words
Word History: Latin to Greek
Sample sentence: <Go to spelling bee.com to find some
skookum logodaedaly word history! >

Submitted by: Paul of Springfield, MO.

logorrhea
n.
5ModL: see LOGO3 & 3RRHEA6excessive talkativeness, esp. when incoherent and uncontrollable
log#or[rhe$ic 73ik8
adj.

lorgnette
n.
5Fr < lorgner, to spy, peep, quiz < OFr lorgne, squinting6
1 a pair of eyeglasses attached to a handle
2 opera glasses similarly mounted

Lorelei
5Ger, altered by C. Brentano (1778-1842), Ger poet, after Lurlei, name of the rock (prob. lit., "ambush cliff") < MHG luren, to watch, LOWER + lei, a cliff, rock6 Gmc. Folklore a siren whose singing on a rock in the Rhine lures sailors to shipwreck on the reefs: orig. a character in literature

Ich glaube die Wellen verschlingen
Am Ende Schiffer und Kahn
Und das mit ihrem Singen
Die Lorelei getan.