Next Thread
Print Thread
#88015 11/29/02 09:47 AM
R
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
R
Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea - one called Justin and the other called Christian. The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that patrolled the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm bored and frustrated at being a prawn, I wish I was a shark, then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten..."
>
As Justin had his mind firmly on becoming a predator, a mysterious cod appeared and said, "Your wish is granted", and lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark.
>
Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate. Time went on and Justin found himself becoming bored and lonely as a shark. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realise that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight. While out swimming alone one day he saw the
mysterious cod again.
>
Justin figured that the fish could change him back into a prawn so he begged the cod to change him back so. Lo and behold, he was turned back into a prawn. With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes, Justin swam back to his friends.
>
Looking around the gathering at the reef, he searched for his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked. "He's at home, distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy and became a shark", came the reply.
>
Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's house. As he opened the coral gate the memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again.
>
"Christian replied "No way, you'll eat me. You're a shark, the enemy and I'll not be tricked.
>
"Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed."....................
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>"I've found Cod. I'm a prawn again, Christian"

#88016 11/30/02 01:08 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Oh, thank you, thank you. That's a good one.

Reminds me of the knock knock joke from the 30s:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Eskimo, Christian and Italian.

Eskimo, Christiaon and Italian who?

Eskimo Christian Italian no lies.

TEd
#88017 11/30/02 05:53 PM
M
old hand
old hand
M
Knock Knock...

Eskimo, Christian and Italian who?
Eskimo Christian Italian no lies.

And on that day back in the 30's, TEd's career began its meteoric rise.

#88018 12/02/02 10:21 AM
R
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
R
Now, in the Leonides thread, meteors are invariably refered to as "falling" .....

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 583 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith