About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#73711 06/27/02 01:48 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I had read that one before, it's good advice.

formerly known as etaoin...
#73712 06/27/02 02:33 AM
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
...but to keep people here, I would say it's time to give up. say nothing. start fun and interesting threads, like, no one ever responded to what someone is called if they practice too much... not that I ever did, but I did learn to read the lines and spaces, and know what they mean...
anyway, thirdly, or where-ever I am right now, this word business is cool stuff, let's get on with it.

etaoin,
A very warm welcome to you and your sincere plea for moving on. I hope those kindred spirits will come out and keep this a congenial place for everyone with no exception.

#73713 06/27/02 01:06 PM
old hand
old hand
Well said wwh - and a belated welcome also from me etaoin!

stales

(BTW, how on earth do you pronounce your nick?)

#73714 06/27/02 02:26 PM
E
E

#73715 06/27/02 02:52 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
RE:After Keiva was banned a specific time period for the ban was never specified, and, in fact, the board was never made aware of the ban, except by me, he did reappear as AphonicRants.

what ewein forgot to mention was
1-AphonicRants is a mocking anagram of an oldtimes on-line name, and is rude.

2-AphonicRants appeared and started posting before Keiva was banned.

3-Keiva has other sock puppets.. and in the past has had allies in using them.

4- and curriously enough, everytime we have real hard irrefutable evidence of Keiva's lies and deceit, we also have a flood of new users, who just registered, who flood the board saying how wonderful Keiva is, make one word post, and go away, never to be seen again. Mind you, i m not saying they are all his sock puppets, but at least 5 new users registered on Monday (Angel got home monday didn't she?-- and how about Keiva, he was away for the weekend, but he was home monday, right?) and all jumped right in and became arch supporters of Keiva. Mind you, i am just commenting..

#73716 06/27/02 03:19 PM
old hand
old hand
Nancy

I trust this post is insufficiently long to be thought presumptuous.

Both you and Ken must be aware that, even after months of watching the ructions at this site, I have held back from making any contribution - either way.

It's with heavy heart that I advise that I cannot sit here and let a couple of items in your post go past - and I've even managed to wangle a word theme out of it to try to justify it to myself.

To start with, I refer to your white text regarding a "specific time period for the ban". My dictionary tells me that a ban is "a sentence of banishment, a denunciation and a prohibition". Banishment itself is defined as "condemned to exile, to drive away, to expel". Nowhere in any of these definitions do I sense a time component to the sentence of banishment. At risk of being incorrect, I suggest that without the aid of a dictionary most people would also see a banishment as a permanent sentence. Following this logic can you not accept that the banishment of Keiva WAS a permanent sentence?

My second point is one upon which I will happily stand corrected....don't I recall Jackie posting (as the Administrator) that Keiva had been banned for persistent inflammatory posting? I don't recall you drawing this out of her but, if so, I apologise.

After months of silence, I'd like to offer a comment - in the form of a query. I'd just like to know what sort of person wants to hang around a place where they are patently unwanted by (it would seem) so many people (let's say 40 - a healthy chunk of the former regular contributors to this Board anyway). Ken's continued presence is not doing anyone any good and it must be putting a strain on your relationship - so why does it persist? Why does he stick pins himself by putting up with this? And as for taking a trip almost to the site of the Wordapalooza venue and keeping an ear on proceedings through a third party....well I'm left speechless and very dissapointed. The Ken that I sent the book to was not that person - was he? (BTW has it arrived yet? - believe me, I did send it).

I learned a very tough lesson some years ago which challenged a core belief of mine. I learned that you can't please all the people all the time, no matter how wrong they you think they may be and no matter how hard you try to make them. I also know from tragic personal experience that that life is too short to surround oneself with negative experiences. Life is a gift that can be snatched away without notice.

Ken, as the gentleman you once said I was, I implore you to leave this place. I respect your intellect and wit and know that it will be received warmly somewhere else, away from this hostility. I even offer to meet with you at that place and together share the joy of words again.

stales

#73717 06/27/02 03:27 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Roger, a most lovely note of yours. To be discussed privately, if you would be so good.

#73718 06/27/02 03:30 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Keiva: you are unwelcome to post anywhere in AWADtalk.

#73719 06/27/02 04:19 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
discuss? what is to discuss? you lied. you were banned.
you forced you way back in with threats. you stalk.
you are not wanted here for all these reasons and others.
go away

this is just a trick... "let's discuss it"
See
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73423

#73720 06/27/02 06:19 PM
E
E

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith