Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72200 06/09/02 04:16 PM
Jackie Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Anu, I am sorry, but I cannot do as I said I would, and stay here and post as though nothing has happened. Maybe in the future, but not now. I'm still delighted to get PM's, but I simply cannot read posts, let alone make one. It hurts too much. I tried.
Keiva, you have managed to completely disrupt something that had been functioning not perfectly, but over-all quite satisfactorily, for two years. And I think that's a good record. I have virtually no experience with chat rooms or other bulletin boards, but many people who have that experience commented in the past what an unusual and wonderful place this was. I certainly agreed that it was wonderful--in ways that I had not even dreamed of. The things I learned, and the laughter, closeness and love I got to share here were just...magical.
You have won. You, your way, and your people may make it a better place than it was; I don't know. What I do know is the following: my tears are dripping off my chin as I'm writing this. I am sad, yes, that so many of the people I loved are no longer here, but just so there is no misunderstanding: you, Keiva, alone, have caused me enough personal agony that I simply cannot bear seeing a post you have made--it brings too many memories back. Although no one has actually died, I nonetheless am bereaved, as my fresh flood of tears is now attesting. My ability to cope with things in general has dropped drastically. I gave you vast amounts of my concentration, my emotional energy, and yes, my love. I gave them freely; but now I have almost nothing left. Due entirely and solely to you. Not blaming--I said I gave them freely; just stating the fact. It wasn't enough. I am beaten down to the ground. I hope for Anu's sake that his board can become for others what it used to be for me. But when I see a post by you, I have to leave. I just have to.

#72201 06/09/02 05:05 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Love to you, Jackie, always, always, always.

Love, Theresa, who has many a tissue (Read: Kleenex) to spare.

#72202 06/09/02 06:32 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Dear Jackie,

As I told you privately, I shall say publicly: The survival of this forum as we knew it hinged on what you did. Now we have the decision. It had to be gut-wrenching for you. I wish it had been otherwise, since, as you know, I've done all I know how to do to keep the peace and establish level-headed dialog here. I will miss not just you, Jackie, but the "Us" that we were. Theresa, I'm going to need a couple of those tissues myself.

Geoff

#72203 06/13/02 10:58 AM
Yes, Jackie, I'm right with you there. I just looked in today to see if there was perchance anything going on that might be constructive and useful to the board, but it seems to be even worse than it was a few weeks ago. I now intend to remove this sad place from my bookmarks, and find somewhere else to indulge my meagre wordliness.

Keiva and friends, enjoy yourselves here. I, for yet another, have finally decided to do without you and yours and the thing you wrecked. God, how I regret what once was, and the happy, warm place this board has been in the now apparently unrecoverable past.

I wish you all well, and may the board eventually prosper. It's just that I can't afford the time to wade through all the crap and ill-will that permeates it at present.

Talk to you soon, Jacqui.

lusy

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith