Print Thread
#71957 06/01/02 11:56 PM
A
Angel Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
It was an absolutely georgeous day today! There was a beautiful cloudless blue sky, and a bright sun. A nice breeze was blowing and the temperature, a wonderful 70 degrees. What a wonderful day for a ride in the country!

My husband bought me a new pair of soft, black leather gloves, just the right weight for a day like today. So onto our motorcycles...and off down a twisty, turny, up and down, back country road we went.

From our home, south of Buffalo, we headed south down Route 62, through the Amish country first. Bright colorful quilts adorned a clothesline as children played in yards with balls and a wagon. We passed several horse drawn buggies and waved to the children who waved at us.

Then on down to Route 17 West to Lake Chautauqua hi Dr. Bill!. There was a town festival at Bemis Point, with crafters selling their wares and a kids church group selling hot dogs and burgers. I just couldn't resist getting myself a cherry snowcone as I listened to a couple of the local boys play guitar and sing for the crowd. We walked hand in hand along the lakeshore looking at the various sailboats skimming the surface of the water.

Back onto the bikes and down Route 430 West. OOOPS! We missed a turn! Ended up a little further than we planned, but then again, did we have a plan when we left this noontime anyway? This brought us through the town of Sherman, where in the big field on the left, there were people flying beautifully colored kites! OH! How wonderful a sight against the bright blue sky!

Up Route 5 through wine country, and along the shore of Lake Erie. A swing around the pier at Dunkirk and a stop to stretch our legs and grab a sandwich in Lakeshore. Home again! Tired, with 170 more miles on the old bikes.

#71958 06/02/02 01:57 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Pretty here in the upper left corner too!

#71959 06/02/02 02:38 AM
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
That was one cool imagery there...one angelic grandma donning on black leather gloves and hopping on a motorcycle!!

Yes, it was a beautiful June day, full of summer's promise and thoughts of strawberry and cream.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith