Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#71859 05/31/02 11:44 AM
A
addict
addict
A
I had not a PM or email yesterday, except one from Jackie early in the day before Keiva and Anu spoke. I honestly thought things had blown over.

I find Jackie's actions here counter productive. Making her announcement, as she has, is what has started the open sniping, yet again. The only thing Keiva had done during the day was post good word posts. There was no announcement that he was returning. Nothing. But the fact is, Jackie chose to start this thread.

This is my opinion on the matter. It is and always has been your right to accept that or to ignore it. Just as it has always been your right to accept or to ignore anything that appears on this board.

Let's talk about the word ignore. To ignore is to act as though something or someone doesn't exist, not to bring it to full attention.

Continue posting, and if a post by myself or Keiva or another offends you, then ignore it. Pretend it doesn't exist and go on about your business. Let's not tear this board apart because you don't agree with the words of another.

#71860 05/31/02 12:37 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Let's have clear statements. If Jackie leaves the Board, I also will leave. Much as I have enjoyed it in the past, I could not enjoy it if she is no longer Administrator with whatever authority she needs to curb abuses.
I suggest all who feel as I do to make a clear statement to that effect.

#71861 05/31/02 12:50 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
No, Angel, i do not think Jackie's actions are counter productive.

if she is to be adminstrator, then her decisions must be acepted.. if Anu choses, with out giving reason why, to undo her decision then she is a straw man.. an administator in name only..

as for there being no strife, no upset, no discord.. no there wasn't publicly.. it was private. and why did no one include you? because of the perception that you think Ken was treated unfairly, and were not of like mind.

could it be we are all wrong? sure.. 20, 30 people can be wrong.. its possible. but i know, Ken's presence here make me feel threatened. He hasn't quite threatened me, he has just lied to me. but he has threatened my friends.. and to be honest, i don't want to wait around til the day he threatens me.

the old saying is "on the internet, no one knows you are a dog." well, its true, at first, but after a while, a persons character becomes evident.. and ken has demonstrated himself to me as being very, very smart, very knowledgeble, and also, very combative, competitive, and vindictive. Maybe he doesn't appear this way to you.

I just know, i don't want to associate with combative, competitive, vindictive people. i have a choice to make. i can stay here and be afraid or i can leave. there is a big world of words out there. there are many site devoted to this passtime. and many of those sites have administrators who are not straw men, they ban, and keep banned, people who are people like ken. i will spend my time at those sites.

#71862 05/31/02 01:34 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Faldage: reform it [the board] with an agreement stating that ...

Actually, F, I indeed suggested to Anu that it might be well to adopt sign-in procedures like those used by MSN, under which one must agree to certain terms in order to sign up for a screen-name. Anu seemed to think that a wise suggestion.

#71863 05/31/02 02:29 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Well - it has come to this. I made my opinion clear regarding Mr Spector when he published on the public board a number of Private Mails (PMs - that's what they mean - would you like to start a thread on the meaning of "Private", Angel?) Other, public posts that were offensive he deleted, after they had had their effect. (For the "good of the board", of course.)

That he has not personally attacked me is not to the point. He has made this board untenable, very subtly and deviously, mostly in private mails which other, decent members of this board have respected as "Private." Some have been shared, on a confidential basis, with me. I have no reason to believe that they were invented by the people who shared them with me - there were a few too many, of the same vain, to have been readily made up in order to provide false evidence.

I stand by my friends on this board - who are of long-standing, not power-crazy Johnny-Come-Latelies.

(apologies to all of you who have joined in the past six months who are also decent people - my regrets to you that you came too late to catch this board at it's highly imperfect prime.)

I'm off - those I know and like know how to contact me.

All the best

The RhubarbCommando

#71864 05/31/02 03:03 PM
F
addict
addict
F
I agree with everything Rhubarb Commando (and many others - Max, of troy, wwh, Wordwind, hev) have said. I will also no longer post on this site.

#71865 05/31/02 03:24 PM
B
old hand
old hand
B
likewise

#71866 05/31/02 03:30 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
[big sigh] If all the people who made this place the joyous addiction/enthusiasm it was for so long are going to disappear, I really don't see any point in staying.

Bingley

Bingley
#71867 05/31/02 03:55 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm gone, too, at least for now.
All the friends I have made here, and I'm grateful there are scores of you, know where we are and how to contact each other. So all was not in vain.

#71868 05/31/02 04:06 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think it is quite clear that you, Ken, do not understand what is "for the good of the board" as your words and "threatened lawsuit" just destroyed it. (Something for Anu to contemplate in a "counter-suit".)

(Anu, I think it is appropriate that you change the word "associates" in your disclaimer... a bit too vague)

GoodBye, all that are leaving.

Edit : Since new information has risen to the surface, I'll be here...somewhere

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith