Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Good thing this thread is here... perhaps this is something I should bring up with our Administratrix, but I've had my preferences set to 99 posts per view for some time, and just lately I get a server error message from wordsmith.org that the MIME header file is too long whenever I try to get into a thread of longer than, say, 50 posts. I'm a little puzzled, as it lets me into the shorter ones without issue. Anyone else having this problem, or did I break it?

#71622 05/29/02 10:46 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
if it's anything chocolate, or curry, I'm in!

Ooh! got any good curried chocolate recipes?

#71624 05/29/02 05:43 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
At one time I belonged to and supported wholeheartedly that organization known as the Fraternal Order of Police, but they have become moribund, leading me to lament the once-well FOOP.

I wouldn't have posted this, but Hyla specifically ordered it in another thread! Actually I would have posted it, but at least I have an excuse.

TEd
veteran
veteran

It took me a while to notice that as well. One of the many things I just don't notice.

I just noticed that your name is "Theresa" in your profile struck me as odd, since I had thought wordwind was a pseudonym for anu. I've even looked at your profile previously and didn't notice.

k

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>It took me a while to notice that as well.

nor, it seems, have you yet to notice that by the time you reply to the original message it's hard (yes it's hard) for us flatlanders to know what it is to which you refer. that's why we urge you to provide a bit of context, as I've.

()

H
addict
addict
H
but Hyla specifically ordered it

Thank you kindly, Ted. It's rare to find a skilled punster who also takes requests.

per tsuwm: nor, it seems, have you yet to notice

Now, if he had yet to notice, I'd take that to mean he hadn't noticed. Howsomever, there's that little "nor" prefixing the whole affair, which suggests that the negative, or opposite, of the upcoming clause is in fact the case. So, he has noticed, and has chosen to pay the fact no never mind? Fiendish!

veteran
veteran

nor, it seems, have you yet to notice that by the time you reply to the original message it's hard (yes it's hard) for us flatlanders to know what it is to which you refer. that's why we urge you to provide a bit of context, as I've.

Well, boogers. I noticed. I do it sometimes, but I often forget. Pardon me.

I keep switching between modes and I often get confused.

k

#71629 05/29/02 09:30 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
actually, a local coffee/candy/nut store, offers dried soybeans, with a curry coating.. and you can get them with curry and dark (bitter) chocolate.. so yes, you can get curry, chocolate foods, should your heart (or taste buds) so desire!

(does any where else have this kind of stores (a nut and seed one)? they don't sell all candies, only nut and seed candy.. basicaly a nut/seed store the candy is peanut crunch (and other nut crunches, halavah, and other seseme candies.) and they sell a few spices, crystalized ginger, and caramadon seeds, and whole nutmegs.. not all spices.. just seed/nut ones (well ginger is an exception.. and i guess soybeans are quite a seed or nut, but dried soy beans are nut like)and whole bean coffee, which is a seed.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 596 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith