Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Not my theory, W'ON!

Yours resignedly,
Max Canutepleen

The Dutch boy with his finger in the dike. One admires, Max.

Thanks for answering a post addressed personally to me, AR...I didn't know my name was Keiva.

#69068 05/14/02 03:00 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear W'ON,

Where are these fabled tablets today? I hope this isn't another case of historical tablets disappearing, such as the ones that held the Ten Commandments and Joseph Smith's angel tablets...

Broken regards,
WW

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
'twas a compliment to you, max. Please take it as such.

#69070 05/14/02 03:18 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Where are these fabled tablets today?

Good question, WW...while I'm perusing the web and my collection of Churchward's work (The Sacred Symbols of Mu is especially intriguing, he does cite other references to Mu. This from the same Forster article:

Secondly, he points out that there is ample confirmation of Mu in other ancient manuscripts, like the Hindu Ramanyana epic mentioned earlier, as told by Narraté, the high priest of the Rishi Temple at Ayhodya. At one point, mention is made of the Naacals ”coming to Burma from the land of their birth in the East” - which is the direction of the Pacific. Mention is also made of Mu in the Troano Manuscript, an ancient Mayan book, written in Yucatan, and now in the British Museum. It refers to The Land of Mu using the same symbols as were found in Egypt, India and Burma. Yet another Mayan book as old as the Troano Manuscript - The Codex Cortesianus also mentions Mu as does a Tibetan book in Lhasa, and as also do scores of other ancient records from Egypt, Greece, Central America, Mexico and even the Anasazi cliff-inscriptions in the southern USA!
Thirdly, there are many existing ruins on the South Sea islands, such as Easter Island, Mangiaia, Tonga, Ponape and the Marianas Islands, which seem to hark back to the time of Mu. Whilst at Uxmal, in Yucatan, there is an inscription upon an ancient ruined temple which commemorates “The Lands of The West, whence we came” - and a pyramid south west of Mexico city was built, according to its inscriptions, in memory of the destruction of these “Lands of The West”.

Fourthly, Churchward found that there was a universality of certain ancient symbols and customs which were to be found in various ancient lands such as Egypt, Burma, India, Japan, China, the South Sea Islands, Central and South America, as well as among the aboriginal tribes of North America. They were so identical that it seemed certain that they all came from only one source - Mu!

Mongol and Chinese cross-fertilization

Good point, Faldage. The widespread practice of rape as a tool of warfare and conquest in antiquity is well-known. In fact, the generals and rulers would select harems from defeated and pillaged towns and villages. So while there was certainly no amicable "intercourse" (in every sense of the word) between the two peoples, the mixing of genes most definitely took place.

#69071 05/14/02 03:28 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The Eve JazzO is referring to would be the UrMother of all the humans on earth in strict matrilineal lineage. That is your mother and her mother and her mother and...and her mother was the African Eve. Her children spread and intermingled.

#69072 05/14/02 04:17 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
As search of the web turns up 58 hits for the Nacaal Tablets and 222 hits for Nacaal. Some say the tablets were lost in the 1920's after Churchward died, some say their are still supposed Nacaal language tablets extant in Tibetan Monasteries. I haven't referenced the books yet.

Another gentleman, Harold Handley Copeland, a respected Cambridge University archaeologist known for his Pacific Studies also cites a study of tablets in the Nacaal language he calls the Zanthu Tablets (after the name of the scribe who wrote them):
http://www.disorganization.com/Library/ZanthuTablets.html

These examinations of the Lemuria (Mu) are, of course, theoretical archaeology with, like Atlantis, just enough credible evidence to keep the books open.

As a paleontogy buff I am well-enamored of the work of the Leaky clan in Africa, and support the fossil record of that evolutionary theory, which probably points to the "Eve" link on that continent in the evolutionary process several million years ago. But I'm not so sure, from arcaheological and historical evidence I have see (including the writings of Plato) that there weren't some lost civilization(s) circa 50-100,000 B.C. before the dawn of 'recorded' history. (Oh, if only that damn Roman general didn't burn the Library of Alexandria just to piss-off Cleopatra!) Many common myths, symbols, artwork, ceremonies, and practices by disparate peoples of antiquity across all continents (Asia, South and Central America, Europe) who could not possibly have communicated in that far dawn of history point to a common source. The myth or story of the "Great Flood or Deluge" being one of the most obvious. The Jungian theory of mutual myth arising from the Collective Unconscious can account for some of it, I believe, but not all of it.

#69073 05/14/02 06:27 PM
J
old hand
old hand
J
The Eve JazzO is referring to would be the UrMother of all the humans on earth in strict matrilineal lineage.

Yes, somewhat, but it's not saying that there at one point existed only one woman on earth who begat everyone, just that the genetic bottleneck resulted in only her mitochondrial DNA passing on. There's also evidence of a common male ancestor based on the y chromosome, but he's not dated to the same time period as "Eve". It would have been a different bottleneck at some other time.

#69074 05/14/02 06:40 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
it's not saying that there at one point existed only one woman on earth who begat everyone

Right. What I was saying. She wasn't the only person ancestral to everyone or even the only female ancestral to everyone. But, as I understand it, she was the one whose daughters were the mothers of the daughters who were the mothers of the daughters... who were the mothers of everyone. Anyone else in there had males in their progeny who were part of the ancestry of everyone.

#69075 05/14/02 06:42 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The opposite of personification is the Mother of All.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 596 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith