hi ho all!
I read a quote yesterday that I think should be noted and considered for a future edition of a "Famous Quotations" book.

In February, the University of Hawaii named their Center for Hawaiian Studies in honor of Gladys K. 'Ainoa Brandt, thereby breaking the university's rule that a person has to be dead five years before any building is named for them.

Gladys 'Ainoa Brandt is now 92. For 17 years Brandt was the first and only female High School Principal in Hawaii. She served as district superintendent of Kaua'i Island schools and became the principal of the Kamehameha schools. Currently she's active on many Boards, is a former OHA Trustee and advocate for Native Hawiians. She also scathingly criticized the estate managment by trustees of the Princess Bernice Pauahi Trust in an article "Broken Trust" which led to reorganization of the Trust.

She was the driving force behind the establishment of the Hawaiian Studies center which is now called "Kamakakuokalani Gladys K. 'Ainoa Brandt Center for Hawaiian Studies."
In her speech at the dedication she said this :

"In education, not anger, resides our future.
In education, not ignorance, resides hope.
In education, not fear, resides justice."

Those are words to ponder, I believe.

Anyone have other quote and short bio of speaker/writer -from the present day - they think should be preserved for future generations?