Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#64567 04/09/02 12:22 AM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
Just now received, and copied verbatim. You crude, bullying children should be ashamed of yourselves.

-----------

Dear Mr Spector:

After the many unpleasant exchanges between yourself and many of the other members of the AWAD board in recent months, I came to understand that you had wisely reconsidered your plans to attend the gathering at my home scheduled for this coming June. Recently, however, remarks you have made have led me to believe that you still expect to attend, despite the antagonistic relationship you have with many, if not most, of the people who will be there.

I am sorry to conclude that your attendance would constitute inviting mutual dislike and distrust into my home, and I cannot inflict such a circumstance on my family or my guests. I therefore must make this clear: you are not welcome to attend.

I am distressed that circumstances have come to this, but I have considered the matter carefully and I am resolved. You need not reply, since I will not discuss this further.

I trust that I have made matters clear.

Sincerely,

Ann Herzberg

#64568 04/10/02 03:12 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
I haven't been over the board since being AWOL from AWAD for a few days, so don't know what new vitriol has been splashed around.....But I have to add my two cents's worth here:

I love Keiva. He's never been anything but nice to me. In fact, mostly I likes people when I meet them. But I don't like it when people are crude, bullying children either - I had enough of that when I was a shy, put-upon child myself.

So if Keiva's not welcome at Wordapalooza!, I won't be there myself. Maybe he - and anyone else on the board who cares to join him - can pop up to Kingston for some peace love and harmony avec moi. Same weekend....But I can't offer to put everyone up unless people want to get to know each other very, very well indeed....(small apartment!) Still, maybe I can talk my darling Mumsy into putting up some folks....

Peace love harmony, people. [hippie dippie flower child-e]

#64569 04/10/02 03:55 AM
M
M
Ah, you've got tubes, girl, I love you.

#64570 04/10/02 01:42 PM
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I haven't been over the board since being AWOL from AWAD for a few days, so don't know what new vitriol has been splashed around.....But I have to add my two cents's worth here:

I was so sure that with all the sad things happening all over the world, that here at AWAD, where I thought kindness and thoughtfulness reside that the spirit in every activity would be towards reconciliation and "can we just get along" kind of thing.
I must be so naive because I cannot think of anything that one can do on this board that can arouse such venom.

#64571 04/10/02 01:50 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
anything that one can do on this board that can arouse such venom.

Really. One wonders how one poor misunderstood soul could arouse such venom in an otherwise kind, friendly and accepting group of people.

#64572 04/10/02 02:13 PM
M
M
Ok, Ok, now we're working it out here.
I was listening to NPR yesterday and on "These Days" the author of a book about reconciliation was discussing the difference between capitulation and reconciliation. I think the title of the book was "I Thought I'd Never Talk to You Again." I THOUGHT OF SOME OF THE BOARD MEMBERS during this program. . .fondly of course. I didn't get to listen to the whole program but I believe her premise was that yes, we can forgive and move on and certainly that is important to do.
I don't know where I heard this or read this or maybe even my therapist told me...if you don't forgive someone you are allowing them to have control over you. Why would you want that? Apologizing and forgiving is not easy, but it does free a person in a sense. I have seen a post somewhere that suggests that no one needs a mother now that they are an adult, I disagree, we all need a person like that, in the ideal sense of someone who loves you unconditionally who can forgive what silly, hurtful, or un-thought-out things you might say and tells you (and believes in the fact) that you can be a bigger, better person.
Is there fault? No. Is there misunderstanding? Yes. Hurtful words. Yes. One might say, but she...One might say, but he....It would be a good thing to let it rest.

#64573 04/10/02 02:19 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Last time i checked, this was a public forum, any one could post anything they wanted, at any time. we generally use self control, and more or less keep the topic to words, but there have been digressions.

the wordapalooza is a party being hosted by a private person. it is not a public event, even if it has been talked about publicly. i think i would enjoy meeting everyone on this board in a public place like a park or coffee shop, or somewhere. I know, there are members here that i would not want as guest in my house.

public space and private space are two very different places.

the starting post is from a single person, and it contains a letter from the host. It is at this persons house, her private space that wordapalooza will occur. She has every right to limit the number of guest, and control who she allows to enter her house. I was not consulted on this decision, and really have no opinion i wish to express about it.

the decision is hers, not this boards. I do not think she needs to explain or justify her decision to everyone in this public forum. it's not really a public discussion.

#64574 04/10/02 02:27 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
> it's not really a public discussion.

...and should have never been offered for such, as the original email was sent privately.

-ron obvious

()

#64575 04/10/02 02:42 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
sent privately.

Yes...a respect for privacy. Interesting notion, isn't it?

#64576 04/10/02 03:11 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
I have, up to this point, kept aloof from the unseemly squabbles that have besmirched this board of late. But the following remark has prompted me, after considerable deliberation, to make what will be my one and only statement on the matter.

You crude, bullying children should be ashamed of yourselves.

You, Keiva, many of whose posts over the past few months have been crude, bullying and childish, should be the very last person to level such accusations. In addition, you have become despicable by publishing a letter addressed to you privately. That you had previously announced your intention to take such action does not diminish the contempt that you deserve for such ungentlemanly behaviour.

That others have taken misguided action at times cannot be used as an excuse.

You, Sir, should be ashamed of yourself.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 596 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith