Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
old hand
old hand
J
(irony upon insult, our own WhitmanOneil has a collie dog named Milo, go figger.)]

You think that's bad, I have a mutt named Milo. He's half chiuahua, half rat terrier.

#62155 04/01/02 01:57 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Okay, all you dogs out there named Milo, wag your tails. Sit. Speak. Heh. Got them trained real good. Oh, Hi Mr. Milo. No, I wasn't sayin' nuthin'. Honest![hiding those last sentences behind my skirts-e]

#62156 04/01/02 04:07 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I can't think of coon dogs without also thinking of coon huntin'. (Yes, I did it once, as a kid in Tennessee. But when an owl flew past my head so close I could hear the wind in its wings, I screamed. And that put an end to that little sortie. My uncle was pretty nice about it--for him.)
Anyway--I made this post because it occurred to me that I automatically think coon huntin'. Is it actually possible for anyone to say coon hunting?

#62157 04/01/02 04:18 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Is it actually possible for anyone to say coon hunting?

Actual, I think you gots to say raccoon hunting ifn yer actual gone pernounce the g. One thang it lets you get a runnin start on the phrase so y'all'll have some steam left by the time you gets to the g, elks you ain' gone have enuff oomph to get inta the g.

#62158 04/07/02 01:41 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
But alas I know of but one other entity that has two prongs and that is my coon dog named WhitmanOneil (irony upon insult, our own WhitmanOneil has a collie dog named Milo, go figger.) but no matter, a two-pronged coon dog seems hardly a proper association for a genre of literary poems.

Well, I dunno how I missed this one...but if your critter is named WhitmanO'Neil, milum, then I bet that dog don't hunt. 'Course if he'd get together with my super-kinetic husky/collie, Milo, I'd bet he'd larn 'im to tree a coon or two. Everybody knows it takes a Milo dog husy/collie mix to get a WhitO coon dog goin'! And we can leave the rats and enchiladas for that other rat terrier/chihuahua Milo dog. You see, it's the Milo dogs that always have all the fun!

I commend your dexterity, milum, in mastering the Trident poetry form of the great Atlanteans. However, one cannot mention the world's second greatest civilization without paying homage to it's predecessor, the great continent and land of Mu that once flourished in what is now the vast pacific, and their exquisite, and much more decidedly advanced, poetry form called Reefer, which was formulated according to the delicate and ever-original designs of coral clusters, which, like snowflakes, are never the same. What the Reefer poets strove to achieve was a union of spirit, form, and word, that, while giving rise to it's own creative spontaneity and original vision, would never waver from being reminiscent of the great, and ever-changing, coral colonies they so revered. The Lords, Gods, and populace of the great land of Mu esteemed these artists, much like their descendants, the great Japanese haikuists, were revered in their time. True Reefer poetry would look something like this (only it would be turned 90 degrees, horizontally, as if it were reflecting upward through the Earth's major element):

s

ou

heart

rc

es

water's

o

f

the

li

ght

This delicate and cherished artform has come down to me from the pathways of the Ancient Ones who once raised the consciousness of Mu beyond any perceptions we know today. And, since Mu fell into the sea a good 5,000 years before the ascendence of Atlantis, the Reefer scripts and techniques were preserved only by fortuitous castaways who took some priceless stone tablet inscriptions as they drifted to one of the islands left from the Great Cataclysm now known as Easter Island where they erected giant stone idols to the memory of great Reefer poets past. And, thence, of course, to the South American continent where they attempted to construct huge Reefer poems in the landscape of Naszca, but none of the indigenous peoples understood them, so they were left a mystery. And today, some people claim there are still some Mu-ian Reefer poet descendants living in the West Indies as a music sect on the island of Jamaica...but the jury is still out on that one, mon. So, Milo (all dogs aside), I'm certainly glad you resurrected the fine art of Atlantean Trident poetry so we could take the rare opportunity to salute the even more praiseworthy and influential land of Mu and its priesthood of Reefer poetry. (And, BTW, did you know there's a rumor that some descendents of the Atlantean Trident poets founded and own a chewing gum company in the US?...one never knows who one's neighbors are, does one?)

Now, excuse me, I have to go feed Milo, so he'll be ready to tutor that WhitO dog of your'n.

#62159 04/08/02 10:04 PM
L
OP Offline
L
s

ou

heart

rc

es

water's

o
f

the

li

ght

Is this a poem? Am I supposed to be able to read it?

#62160 04/08/02 11:46 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Is this a poem? Am I supposed to be able to read it?

Ah, but once you can cultivate the abilility to intuit (or "read" as you say) Reefer poetry, you are then approaching the key to unlocking the sacred symbols and ancient mysteries of Mu. Unless you plateau in your journey at the Atlantean Trident level...where our good friend, milum, has so nobly lingered.

Your Happy Epeolatrist!

#62161 04/09/02 01:09 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
Is this a poem? Am I supposed to be able to read it? -Ladymoon

That depends Ladymoon.
Have you ever sat in a cypress tree that overlooked a silver lake and watched a moonbeam bounce off the mirrored surface of the shining waters, and then, once again beam to the distant heavens. Look closely. See the dust motes in the moonbeam. Read them. They are the Reefer Poems of the ancient Mu.

#62162 04/09/02 02:05 AM
J
old hand
old hand
J
Ok, so lemme get this straight. Is this the Mu from Pokemon?

#62163 04/09/02 02:14 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
No, Jazz. It's an E-MU. [straight face.....one....two.....three seconds-e]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,316
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 693 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,533
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith