About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61312 03/15/02 02:33 PM
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
My father used to call me every year on March 15 and give me the following advice:

Eschew Communism!

Beware the Ideas of Marx.

The hundredth anniversary of his birth (my father's) is March 28. Here's looking at you, guy!

TEd
#61313 03/15/02 02:44 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Mind you, Communism has always suffered from set-backs, even at other times.
When Lenin wished to return to Russia in February 1917, when the first revolution broke out, the german High command provided him with a Trained Seal for the journey.

#61314 03/15/02 04:49 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
and tomorrow we can start to worry about the Ides of April.

http://www.travel-italy.com/ct/episodes/ides.html

http://home.mn.rr.com/wwftd/

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
But before that happened, they had to dig him out of the sewers where he had been hiding. So filthy was he that they had to wash their dirty Lenin in public.

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Was that before or after they found their economy Stalin due to lack of investment?

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
G
old hand
old hand
G
So filthy was he
that they had to wash their dirty Lenin in public.

Furthermore, he had consumed so much bad food that he had a severe case of the Trotskys. And he had developed a bad rash, resulting in an Ilyich.

Marry not today; beware the brides of March.

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
You're Putin me on, aren;t you?

I can hardly Beria to come up with any more unless you are interested in just some plain Bullshevik. Or should I just go Romanov to another forum?

Reminds me of the young Russian who could not afford to pay for his bride's wedding meal (a Russian tradition) so he went out with a spear and got a boar and rotissed it. He confessed to his bride his feelings of inadequacy, but she assured him that boar is good enough.

There's no Rasputin that you're a good punster, but I think I'm good enough to keep up with you.

OH! This reminds me of the identical twin brothers, Durward and Alexander. They were born in the Twin Cities, ended up marrying twin sisters, and moved to California. There they joined the church of Itsenism, a typical California sect whose main tenet is a belief that everyone, good, bad, or indifferent, goes to a heaven called Itsen upon death.

and death befell Alexander and Durward. They were run over by a tandem semi while out riding their tandem bicycle. They were buried together under a common headstone that said simply, "Alex and Dur, Souls in Itsen."

Go ahead, Crimea River. Or sing the song of the vulgar boatman.

Lastly, you know that when you are trying to find the john you're Russian, while you use it European, and afterwards your Finnish.

TEd

TEd
G
old hand
old hand
G
A friend noticed me stretching to see around a post and asked me, "Why are Ukranian your neck?" I told him I was watching the MIG welder in the aircraft factory. The welder was held up for a pattern, and called out, "You got the prints, Igor?" to someone in the drafting department. "Nyet, came the reply." I'm waiting for that Irishman to make the hole to hold down the new copier. The welder asked the Irishman, "When are you going to bore, O'Dean?" Then he added, "For best strength, don't bore too close to the rimsky." "Now, quit scriabin all those notes and get to work!" "Oh, no, the Irishman said, I've had too much vodka, and I'm feeling Ilya."

#61320 03/21/02 02:34 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
My father used to call me every year on March 15 and give me the following advice:

Eschew Communism!

Your Dad, Ted, as everyone knows, was a wise, wise, man.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith