Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#53952 02/03/02 05:09 PM
R
addict
addict
R
Dickens, don't worry about Caradea. She's an infrequent poster, and doesn't speak for this board.

And you do?

#53953 02/03/02 06:33 PM
K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
and you do?
Did I ever purport to?

enuf, Rubrick. I am willing to let this lie -- but bel, faldage [in the "beheading" thread] and then you revive it. If y'all keep pricking at it and misstating, I must respond.

Rubrick, do check the record, and I think you'll find that you're off base here. Thank you.

You will find, I think, no point at which I purported to speak "for the board". Someone else -- not I -- purported to express the opinion of "*so many of the folks".

[My above entry, of Jan 29 at 14:34, is concurrently re-edited in white.]

#53954 02/04/02 03:07 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>don't worry about Caradea. She's an infrequent poster...

I don't think that's quite fair to say; after all, she just recently surpassed bridget96 in total posts.

#53955 02/04/02 03:16 AM
B
veteran
veteran
B
I said this on another thread, and I guess I need to repeat it here:

ENUF ALREADY !!!!

I have to say frankly, and not in PM or email, that this continued brawling between certain of you (you know who you are) abuses the patience of the rest of us who would like to get on with the real business of AWAD. Also that we don't want to lose anyone else by their taking offence and going off in a huff and a virtual sedan chair. Unfortunately, it seems there are some of us who have unnaturally thin skins and just can't let anything lie, but have to keep going back and picking away. And of course, if it goes on, it won't be long before someone takes serious offense.

Can you not understand that this is a site for our delight, fellowship and learning? No one's professional reputation is at stake here. No one is in danger of losing his/her job, spouse, social standing, or anything else if he or she forgoes the opportunity to respond to every single comment that might, by some stretch of the imagination, be thought by anyone to be critical.

I appeal to everyone to let this accursed thread die. If no one posts on it any more, we'll be done with it. And if anyone tries a similar one elsewhere, well ... [menacing doom econ].

#53956 02/04/02 09:04 AM
R
addict
addict
R
I was going to PM this post to Keiva but, chances are, it would end up on a thread given the legalistic argument presented earlier in the thread.

Did I ever purport to?

You just did. By telling Dickens that Caradea doesn't speak for the board implies that you are voicing the opinion of the board. More correctly, what you are saying is that she doesn't speak for you.

Rubrick, do check the record, and I think you'll find that you're off base here.

Am I? Am I really? In the space of one week you announce your departure, debate rages during which you come back several times, announce you are staying and then decide that the thread should be ended at your insistence but not before having a cheap shot at Caradea. You try to sound magnanimous by saying you will 'let things lie' but still need to have the last word always - even if the previous poster has been trying to defuse the situation, as belmarduk was doing, and there is no reason for you to have the last word.

I've read your posts, Keiva, and you rarely have a good or cheerful thing to say. How sad to think that your contribution to words comes mostly in the form of put-downs and discord.

Now I will end this thread. Enuf, Keiva!!!!!

#53957 02/04/02 12:09 PM
J
old hand
old hand
J
All y'all need to stop, count to ten, take a long draught of fresh air and SHUT UP!

Plus, there are children present. I'm not of legal drinking age.

#53958 02/04/02 01:26 PM
R
addict
addict
R
I'm not of legal drinking age.

You are over here!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

#53960 02/04/02 02:05 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
ROFL magister

and btw, have you-all noticed how high a S.I. this ugly thread has? hmmm, think the guage needs some refinement, stalesy!

#53961 02/05/02 03:34 AM
B
veteran
veteran
B
To Keiva and Rubrick:

FWIW, my personal opinion is that both of you are equally guilty of reprehensible conduct by persisting in flailing away at each other publicly in this thread. I do not accept your reasoning for why you refuse to carry on this inane vendetta in private, if carry it on you must. It appears that neither of you has the good sense to simply give it up, leaving the other to enjoy whatever dubious gratification he can for having the last word. Doing that would be a real class act, but it doesn't appear, as yet, that either of you can do that.

What is most disturbing is that both of you are otherwise valuable members whose contributions I have appreciated and enjoyed, and I hope to continue to enjoy them. You are wasting your time and ours with this poisonous diversion.

I shall exercise a strategy which I used once before when I felt that a thread had passed beyond the acceptable bounds of political discussion, and I recommend it highly to all other members: viz., I shall not again open or read this thread. [This is the strategy of the wise parent whose child is having a temper tantrum -- you simply ignore him and let him scream away.] If the rest of us follow this strategy, further combat between any or all parties will be essentially a private exchange, since no one else will be reading it.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith