Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
old hand
old hand
B
For the record, my standard answers are "Cambodia" and "Frank Sinatra" or "From Here to Eternity" (depending). There now exists a Canadian version but I've never played it. The US college football questions (among other things) on the original are totally brutal for anyone not from the US.

[edit] I just thought of a word-related thing. The original version of Trivial Pursuit was called the "Genus" edition. EVERYONE I KNEW thought it said "Genius" because if you win, you're a genius. MAKES MY TEETH ITCH!!!!!!

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Oh! Oh! I am hopeless at word games but have this quirk that lets me remember the oddest facts!
Which is why I take this opportunity to brag about the time I won a game for my team by accurately remembering the opening words of the Declaration of Independence. (I had to just blurt it out as all other team members thought I was crazy!) The reason I remembered is that the Declaration was posted on the wall next to my desk in grammar school and being the compulsive reader I am .... In case you want to take a guess I put in this link to the Great Document.
http://www.nara.gov/exhall/charters/declaration/declaration.html

#53594 01/30/02 02:43 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
as you might guess, i can be good at trival pursuit.. since i am filled with trivial bits of knowledge.

the first time i played.. zip, zip, zip.. i knew all the answers to everyone quetions.. and then came my turn, and i kept it up... but.. one of the catagories is sports.. and everyone i was playing with knew-- eventually, i would have to answer a sports question. and that would be the end of me..

the little wheel filled with color wedges.. and finally the time came. i would have to answer a sports question. the others i was playing with began to grin.. they knew when it comes to sports.. i know almost nothing..

The question came:
On which golf course do you have to cross a 13 century bridge to get to the XX hole?

well, none of the sport buffs i was playing with knew the answer.. so they were sure.. no way would i know..

I thought for a moment.. and answer came tripping off my lips.. St Andrews, of course. the 13 century bridge is a giveaway..

that was it. we never played trivial pursuit again. (well not that group!) and when ever the topic of sports trivia comes up.. I always have the same answers--it work well for me once..

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,328
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 756 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,539
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith