Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
tsuwm, I trust you will nonetheless continue your regrettable behavior.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
tsuwm, I trust you will nonetheless continue your regrettable behavior.
A hearty second there, mate!

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I'm confused here. Are you guys talking about New Math?

DubDub

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I also figured out how to determine which number is assigned to each post. Click on the poster's name and watch the bar below. Quickly, before it says "Done", it will display the computer giberishthat includes the number of that particular post. If you click on consuelo in this post, you should, see the, number of, this post,(dammit, milum, I found, your commas,) 49,913 or so.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Actually, you don't have to click or do anything hasty. Just run the mouse pointer over the name of the poster, and the url will be displayed on the status bar. You can leave it there until hell freezes over; the url will remain visible!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Neither 'suelo's nor CK's version works for me, but they led me to another method. To determine the number of a post, click on the poster's name (thereby bringing up their profile), and then look at the browser window to find the post-number.

btw, I see that others repeated my typo in the "Re" line, suggesting that Res are unread. Shall we conclude that Res are unnecessary, perhaps because [ahem, TEd and F] Res ipsa loquitur?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Neither 'suelo's nor CK's version works for me
Well, I was going to agree with that, until I realized I had no idea what a status bar is. So I went up to the top of my screen, clicked on View, and...found Status Bar unchecked. So I checked it (oh, THAT's what that is! Address bar I can figure out--the others are just top and bottom.), and hey--he's right! There's the #. Cool.

My computer never shows a "Done". It just changes screens.

tsuwm had posted that his address window wasn't big enough to show the whole URL. Mine isn't either, but I can see both ends if I use the Right and Left arrows. Oh, no! I just stretched the Address window all the way to the left edge of the screen and now I can't get it back from the edge! Wail!

EDIT: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I decided to try moving the right-hand section of my address bar to the left, and...oh my gosh, my Back arrows, Stop, Undo, Home icons, etc., all reappeared from the RIGHT-hand edge of the screen...and when I kept going, the address window flipped over there, too, just like they were all on a loop of ribbon running behind my screen! Oh my gosh! I am amazed!
(Yeah, yeah, go ahead and chuckle--i deserve it.)

#50288 12/27/01 01:12 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
My post
I also figured out how to determine which number is assigned to each post. Click on the poster's name and watch the bar below.

Your post
To determine the number of a post, click on the poster's name

Baby what I say?Ray Charles

But CapK's way is better, I must say.

#50289 12/27/01 04:00 AM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Yes, 'suelo. We each start with the same click; the difference apparently is:
on your system, a click produces the post number on the status bar (bottom), fleetingly.
on my system, a click produces the post number on the browser window (top), and it stays there.

CK's way is definitely easier, if it works on one's particular system.

Edit, to tsuwm: I'm using AOL.
Re-edit: as to particular browers (at least on my system)
If I access awad though the aol brower, only my method works; CK's and Consuelo's do not.
But CK's easy method works like a charm if I open the Int.Explorer browser, and use it to access awad.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
you guys can rant and rave about all the wonderful features you're finding with your various browsers, but NONE of that works with AoL (ha!).

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith