Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45032 10/18/01 08:33 PM
of troy Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
What do you use to chastise Management? When the head honcho's of your organization set up rules, regualations and policies, and then, totally disregard the same themselves-- how do you do you deal with it?
(especially if it is your job to prevent others from doing as managment does?)

Do you clam up for fear of making a *CLM, or do you give them 50 lashes with a with wet noodles, or what?

*CLM= career limiting move.. you know the kind-- when asked about the base ball bat in your cube, you reply "its not a bat, its an attitude adjustment tool.. Do you need an attitude adjusted?" and find out later, the head of HR (or your department) was standing just out of sight as you said it....and they didn't think your comment funny..

#45033 10/18/01 09:49 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Boy, of Troy, that is a toughie. Generally, and in most companies, the top brass pretty much do as they please, whether they invented the rules or not.

A great quote Father Steve brought to our board one day...

Is this a trench in which I am prepared to die?

This is something you have to decide. If it is, close the door to the office, sit and discuss it calmly. They may listen and agree, or just say "the rules don't apply to me" or, some such thing. If it is about something serious, you'll have to decide if you are willing to put up with it or not.

#45034 10/18/01 10:18 PM
of troy Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Actually, i was wondering what you all called your attitude adjustment tools--

I keep cups of 'raman' noodle around, and sometimes actually show up, all smiles and perky, and show them my noodles, and tell them i am serious, they are going to get their 100 lashes! when they tell me to be serious, i get serious, and ask, is there new policy?

Usually i get a way with it.. i do have this sweet innocent face, and childishly high pitched voice.. and while i smile, and act nice, i do get serious.. just wait for them to reply..

i have occationally stepped over the line, and made a CLM.. but, there are always jobs..

#45035 10/23/01 07:28 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
At the last place I worked at in Zild there was an edict to the effect that management wasn't exempt from the rules. This led to some odd situations, but it was quite seriously meant and enforced. The CEO once came and asked me if what he wanted to do would break them or not. What he was about to do would have done, so he didn't do it. He had faults, but insincerity and hypocrisy weren't among them.

I do, however, from other past experience understand this to be very unusual.

I must admit that I've never particularly worried about CLMs. Like Helen says, there is always another one out there. You only need to worry about how brown your nose is if you see a career ladder in the firm you're currently working for.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith