About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Dear Heart--

A LOT of people say, and write, things in the heat of passion that they might say and write differently, at other times. Just a reminder, Sweetie, kind of coming full circle, you might say. Love.

W
wow Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
W
Time to start anew.

Another thread being opened by moi as this is getting unmanageable.

With affectionate aloha to you all,
wow
High Priestess

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
PLEASE STOP THIS THREAD.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ELSE TO THIS THREAD. I AM ASKING YOU AS A FRIEND. I AM ASKING YOU AS A HUMAN BEING. AND I'M ASKING EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO RIGHT TO ASK YOU.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THESE THREADS AND THIS TOPIC.

The name-calling, the denigrating of people without thought and without care; we have become no better than the chat rooms we all so avidly avoid.

When you demean one person you are demeaning yourself. Look over your own posts and think about it in all honesty. Are your words the words of tolerance, peace and honesty, our are they reactionary at best and harsh, angry and close-minded and mean at worst. How much better is one person who demeans a second person for his thoughts or beliefs?

If you're ticked-off that I'm asking you this send me a personal note…rant at me if you must rant – but do it in private.

But please, think of how you are acting and ask yourself if you would treat your mother that way. If you would not, why would you treat an other human that way.

There is a world of difference between political debate and intolerant and antagonistic ranting. We've crossed the line.

IF WE WANT TO GET BACK TO IT, WE'LL GET BACK TO IT WHEN SENTIMENTS ARE LESS AT THE BRINK.

PLEASE, PLEASE STOP ALL THESE THREADS.

With all my heart,

Ginette Beaupré

#41604 10/07/01 04:49 PM
J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
The RE above, which I have changed from jmh's, expresses my sentiments.

May I respectfully suggest that it is unwise to resurrect here a discussion which in the past has proved incendiary and divisive? and is wiser to have any such discussion elsewhere, so that this AWAD Board can continue to fill its regular role in our lives?

To the extent some may wish to resurrect that discussion, they can (out of consideration for those of us who feel otherwise) freely to create a new website of their own for that subject. Or if that is not possible, place their posts on the matter in some little-used area in the bottom half of the main index? For which purpose I would propose "Loanwords from German".

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith