Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
#40210 10/02/01 12:50 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
belMarduk...his peers and betters

Not to mention her worses.

WORDS HAVE NO ULTIMATE MEANING, WORDS ONLY HAVE FUNCTION.

This one I like. It goes with language is not a set of rules; it's a set of behaviours. But I'll store it away with the entrants anyway.

#40211 10/04/01 02:31 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Good God Milum, I have never before said this to anybody but, what the hell is your problem.

In life I make a point of being nice to everybody I meet.
I make sure I do at least one act of random kindness everyday. I am a bone marrow donor, blood donor and an anonymous gift donor to underprivileged kids at Christmas. And I always, always treat others with the same respect I want to be treated.

Now if you took what I said personally EVEN after I told you I was joking in a subsequent post then there is really nothing I can do about that.

But you seem to be on some sort of personal vendetta to insult me or 'get back at me' in some way. THAT is really sad and I don't understand that type of thinking.

Well, do your worst Milum. If you feel the need to insult me, go ahead. If you feel the need to waste time on hatred, well Milum, go ahead.

But you know what, you are right about one thing. I don't think you should be spewing in front of the rest of the people on this Board. I think they are all wonderful and don't deserve to be exposed to such anger. Write me a personal note if you are so obsessed about it.

But I will tell you this. I will NOT feel insulted and I will NOT feel debased because you are wrong. You have taken a gesture of friendship (I included a new person in a running joke several of us were having) and a gesture of apology (several posts down below) and you have totally twisted them in your own mind to mean something completely differently.

And I'm a woman not a man!

#40212 10/04/01 02:47 AM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
days pasted

Days pasted can't be wasted.

#40213 10/04/01 03:08 AM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
bel, a thought about your rather lengthy post.
Good God Milum, I have never before said this to anybody but, what the hell is your problem. ....I will NOT feel insulted and I will NOT feel debased because you are wrong. You have taken a gesture of friendship ... and a gesture of apology ... and you have totally twisted them in your own mind to mean something completely differently. ...
bel dear, if you truly were feeling calm and not insulted, could not your entire post have been instead a simple, kindly sentence such as "milum, my friend, you've misunderstood me"?

And I always, always treat others with the same respect I want to be treated.
bel, we are each of us imperfect, and there are times when each of us will act unkindly -- your strong post some time ago to shoshannah, for example. Could it be that you have perhaps overreacted here?

Such vehemence, in the past, drove shoshannah away from this board. I would deeply regret it if should we similarly lose milum, with whom I am mightily impressed.

#40214 10/04/01 03:46 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Excuse me, but more than one person has been driven away from this board by "such vehemence". I will not stand for belMarduk to be chastised in this way--she was right, and milum was wrong--though I don't see how he could have known that. I too, am mightily impressed by milum, and for one don't blame him, as a newcomer, for not taking in the fact that this was just another link in a chain of joking posts.
But it is my opinion that bel has a right to express her opinion, and I don't think she was unnecessarily vehement about it. And she never said she was calm. I don't think too many people would be. GRR!

#40215 10/04/01 04:28 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M

Dear belMarduk, Yes, I thought you were a man. Does it matter? Yes, I think it does. I hate no one. My main goal in this swinging life is not to hurt anyone. My attempt at humor on this board was, I guess, a man thing. It is called Mock Jostling. This behavior among males is universal and not just peculiar to the south. Central to the contest is to find an opponent that you respect. I found belMarduk, belMarduk of the keen wit and good humor. Please do me a favor and re-read my post. I think you will find absurdity, trying to be funny, in my remarks. Thank You, Milo

#40216 10/04/01 04:42 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

#40217 10/04/01 09:49 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
milum--bless you, my friend, bless you. My post serves to illustrate how easy it is to misunderstand, here in this world of toneless, sightless communication. My apologies, Dearest One. Had I been able to observe your body language, I would have understood that you were "Jostling",
I'll bet.
Hmm--and to think, I tried to be gentle and "splash" you with a little humor--all the while not even recognizing that I was awash in the wave you created!

#40218 10/04/01 10:47 AM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
max, I believe you're mis-recalling the past history -- but to be as fair and accurate as I can, I want to re-read that history before replying. I'll get back to you this weekend, by e-mail.

As a aside: musick, I owe you a special thank you. I'd originally resented your suggestion that I further familiarize myself with the board's history. But in hindsight, I appreciate that your suggestion was an amazingly constructive one. Thank you.

#40219 10/04/01 04:25 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Keiva - Thank you for your thank you, especially since it was a special one... I'm honored to be referred to as "amazingly constructive".

Milum - One thing I've noticed is... when one lives the "swinging life" you're bound to "knock something... a)down b)over or c)up...

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith