Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#38785 09/05/01 01:32 AM
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
wow
Between Kieva's and of troy's posts the screen went wide. I mention the posters *only because some folks have more posts displayed per page than others.
OK, that's the last time I'm mentioning wide posts Sorry for the "sneck" kerfluffle Jackie I'll just adjust by using the space bar and wonder who sent it or slide back and forth and enjoy the dizzy effect or .... oh pooh.

It seems to be happening more and more of late.
Please explain the cause, and is there a remedy for this?
Will be grateful for any technical explanation.

#38786 09/05/01 04:13 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>Please explain the cause, and is there a remedy for this?
Will be grateful for any technical explanation.

I don't know of any other way to say this, so I'll just say it again. it's caused by a long character string, with no spaces or dashes. jazzo put in a long url a few posts back, which made everything wide again. this particular one you can compensate for by making your AWAD window full screen.

G
old hand
old hand
G
Good grief, six pages in defense of The President? I thought that it was a joke, and that there would only be a blank page upon opening the thread!

So, you lawyers, is making someone look like poop called libel, slander, or defecation of character?

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
wow, o'T, and mav: are we all talking about the same painting?

Yep, I am certainly referring to the David painting of Marat slumped in a bath, with quill in extended right hand and a list in his left...

As for defense against the president...
The Defense That Doesn't Work against The Threat That Doesn't Exist

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/05/opinion/05DOWD.html?todaysheadlines

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
in paris in 1989? alas no.. England, but not paris. i haven't been to paris since my honeymoon, but that was the same year Keiva went, since in my own inimatatible why, i got married one year, and had my honeymoon six months later in another year..

and definately the first time i saw the painting, i did not know who marat was... and still know almost nothing about him.. except french revolution, and being murdered in his bath..

#38790 09/05/01 10:01 PM
J
old hand
old hand
J
jazzo put in a long url a few posts back, which made everything wide again.

My bad, I can get rid of it if you'd like.

I just noticed that I haven't had a problem with wide screens. The links are wrapping naturally for me. I wonder if it's a Mac thing, Anna?

H
addict
addict
H
of troy: in my own inimatatible why

Don't mean to give you a hard time on your typing, as I know your thoughts and ideas come fast and furious and you pour them onto the keys, occasionally hitting an extra one, or your intended key's neighbor, or distant cousin - but I loved the idea of your inimatatible why. I think we've all got 'em - it's why really understanding people and their motives is so tough.

From now on, when I just don't get where someone's coming from or why they've done something, I'll chalk it up to the ol' inimatatible why.

p.s. - I also love the David painting - very haunting

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 688 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith