Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Yes, that third option is also very cool and relaxed. Great work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i kinda like the last one, particularly because there's no reference to this board being a "chat" room, since it's clearly denoted as a "Bulletin Board". perhaps i've just run into a few weird places, but (heh, i'm realizing the hypocrisy of this as i type, given the prurient nature of some recent threads) it seems like whenever you throw out the word CHAT to the general public, they get a distinctly different impression than that which we'd probably want to have as our draw (those of you who've visited the mlive site may know what i'm getting at; i always feel a strange compulsion to wash my hands after i've passed through that open forum on my way into the nice safe AWAD room ). the way the third option is set up, folks looking for 'singles chat' will likely click on AWADchat and find it empty, and only those looking to post queries and such might venture here.

i like all of the layouts, in different ways, though. great job, and applause to both you and our Beloved Anu.

just my thoughts

N
addict
addict
N
Jazzo- The second version is my favorite also, although I could certainly live with No. 3. I look forward to the New Look, whatever the final decision. Congrats on some very fine work!

Caradea- I couldn't agree more about mlive, from the first time I signed up and the notice appeared that someone-or-other was "checking my profile." Felt kind of sleazy . Nor sure, however, I get your point about the Board being referred to as a "chat" room on the earlier versions - All 3 include both AWADtalk and AWADchat but none calls AWADtalk a chat room - or did you mean just because the latest version actually uses the term "bulletin board," leaving no room for misinterpretation?

J
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
reference to this board being a "chat" room

I don't really see this reference you're talking about, but the little blurbs in #2b can be changed to say something more desirable, if you'd like. Also, when there isn't a scheduled chat the box could be changed so say something about Anagrams, or some other feature.

Also, I didn't mention in my last post, all of the colors in #2b are browser compliant hi OT! and because I used basically the same colors in #3, those are as well. I also think these colors will fit with the board better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or did you mean just because the latest version actually uses the term "bulletin board," leaving no room for misinterpretation?

Yes, that's precisely what i meant. i was completely unclear in my ramblings.

Sorry 'bout that; i'm hopelessly distracted today

J
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Here's an example of what it might look like when anagrams are featured instead of a Chat:
http://home.att.net/~lovelandjazz/wordsmith/index3.html

Or at least it will be in a little bit. It seems to take a while to upload.

#33026 07/13/01 10:30 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Really like the last one, JazzO.
Have one reservation : about the word "Chat." It has developed a pejorative connotation in Cyberworld. Could it be changed? Perhaps to "Interviews?" (asketh the former reporter? As that is really what it is, an interview, except that instead of one reporter the members are the interviewers/reporters and Anu the Editor. Whadda ya think?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*yes*, wow... i think something like LiveTalk would perhaps be more descriptive. i've always thought the names AWADtalk and AWADchat seem almost reversed; it always takes me a second to figure out which one to click on when i'm heading to the Board.

J
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Could it be changed?

How 'bout "Moderated Chat"?

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith